How does it Work?
There are three ways to make a holiday home booking:
- Booking a current vacancy
- Applying through the ballot
- Take advantage of a promotional offer!
You can book any of our holidays homes up to one year in advance, except for our balloted homes during peak season.
We accept bookings in any one location for up to four weeks in length.
Our holiday homes are in high demand during the peak holiday periods. To give everyone a chance to have the holiday they want, we operate a ballot system to allocate certain homes during these busy periods.
Ballots are run over the school holiday periods according to the published Ballot Schedule. We usually draw the ballot a couple of months prior to each closing date.
You can enter the ballot by completing a ballot form or online ballot request. We’ll let you know if your entry was successful once the ballot is drawn. If you’re successful, you need to confirm you want the booking within seven days or you will forfeit the booking.
You have to pay for your booking when you confirm. After seven days, unconfirmed bookings are released and made available for others to book.
Methods of Payment
You can pay for your holiday home booking in the following ways:
- Credit and debit card (Mastercard and Visa)
- Internet Banking (POLi)
- Bill payment (not available for online bookings)
We accept credit and debit card payments online and over the phone. To pay by bill payment, take your Marram invoice to your nearest Post Shop and pay over the counter.
Tenancy Terms and Conditions
Marram holiday “homes” are available to Contributors and Lifetimers of the Marram community on the terms and conditions as set out below. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, Marram Community Trust is referred to as “Marram” throughout and “you” refers to the person who is a Contributor or Lifetimer of the Marram community and who has booked and paid for the usage of a Marram Holiday “home”.
Failure by holiday makers to comply with any of the below may incur costs or possible banning from future use.
- Many homes are suitable and sleep comfortably four people. Six adults is generally the accepted maximum (the “occupiers”), except where otherwise stated at the time of booking and in the tenancy confirmation papers.
- You or your partner/spouse must be resident in the home throughout the term of the occupancy.
- Homes must not be sub-let to any other person(s). If this occurs, Marram reserves the right to charge you a fine of up to $5,000 for breach of contract. You will be evicted immediately.
- The policy for the maximum number of bookings allowed is four weeks only in any one location.
- The erection of tents and/or parking of caravans are not permitted on any of the home sites.
- The home’s premises must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Marram reserves the right to charge you for the cost of cleaning a home left in an untidy or unclean state.
- Children must be under supervision at all times on Marram property.
- Parties and large gatherings are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Marram accepts no responsibility for personal injury/death to any person occupying/visiting the home.
- Marram takes no responsibility for your vehicle and/or the personal effects or those of visitors during the period of tenancy and not covered by Marram’s insurance policy.
- Marram reserves the right to charge you or your visitors for any wilful and preventable damage to the home, its property or equipment during your tenancy.
- You are responsible for any occupier’s or visitor’s property during the term of occupancy - Marram does not assume any responsibility for loss or damage to occupier’s or visitor’s property that falls outside its insurance policy.
- Marram or its nominated representative reserves the right to visit the home at any reasonable time to confirm that the home is being used as detailed in these conditions.
- Marram or its nominated representative reserves the right to evict any person(s) whom it believes are not entitled to use the homes or any person(s), including you, who is(are) breaching the conditions of use of the homes.
- Disrespect shown to any Marram nominated representatives is not tolerated. This may result in you being banned from future use of Marram homes.
- Marram is under no obligation to provide alternative accommodation in the result of the home being untenable due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of a double booking, Marram will do its best to ensure that both parties are placed in Marram accommodation. If this is not possible, Marram reserves the right to offer a home at another available date.
- In the event of an unforeseen requirement to make repairs during your tenancy, Marram will do its best to ensure that you are placed in an alternative Marram home. If this is not possible, Marram reserves the right to offer a home at another date.
- If you leave employment at an Affiliated Organisation and are not eligible for Lifetime Status, future bookings will be cancelled with a full refund provided.
- Cancellation fees apply. Please note NO REFUND will apply after the commencement of your stay.
Arrival and Departure
Check in time is 2.00pm and check out time is 11.00am. If you have booked a cleaner or the home includes a clean or is serviced, check out time is 10.00am. These times must be adhered to.
No animals are allowed on the holiday home premises or inside the holiday home with the exception of designated pet-friendly holiday homes with their appropriate terms and conditions. Marram reserves the right to evict any person(s) who breach(s) this condition.
All homes are non-smoking (please be considerate when smoking outside). Marram reserves the right to evict any person(s) who breach this condition.
- Water is a precious resource especially in our ‘off the beaten track’ and beach homes and during peak summer. Please conserve water.
- Your neighbours.
- That only one parking space is provided per holiday home.
- Replacing any broken items before you leave e.g. glasses/plates etc.
You undertake to indemnify Marram Community Trust against all actions, proceedings, damages, insurance excesses, additional insurance premiums, costs, claims, demands, payments, losses and expenses (including legal expenses) that it pays, suffers, incurs or sustains as a result of your tenancy or your breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- You shall not do anything to render Marram’s insurance void or voidable.
- You accept that any insurer for Marram may claim against you such amounts required to reimburse the insurer for any actual payment made as a result of your breach of these terms and conditions, as well as any associated excess and other cost it incurs pursuing the claim.
Validity and Severance
Should any clause or part thereof under these terms and conditions be declared void or invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining clauses or remaining part thereof, which will remain in full force.